Through the operation of this website, Power to the Pedal collects your Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. The IP address data that we collect does not contain any personally identifiable information about you and is used to administer our site, to determine the numbers of different visitors to the site and to gather broad demographic data.
When you visit the Power to the Pedal website, you remain anonymous. If you use e-mail links within the Website to communicate with Power to the Pedal, you provide us with personally identifiable information and will not remain anonymous.
1. Collection of personal information
Power to the Pedal collects and holds personal information from tour or rental takers and other individuals if supplied via a tour or rental booking, e-newsletter sign-up, phone call, contact form or via external agents. We collect and hold this information when it is necessary for business purposes.
The main types of personal information Power to the Pedal collects and holds relate to the contact details of our tour or rental takers and other business contacts. Typically, this information includes names, addresses, birthdate, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, hotel accommodation and country of origin. In the course of providing professional tour guiding and rental services, we may collect and hold more detailed personal information (for instance allergies for tours that include food or drink tastings or mobility constraints).
We collect most information directly from individuals when we deal with them. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
2. Use of personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold and use personal information are:
• to provide our tour or rental services;
• to respond to an individual’s request;
• to maintain contact with tour or rental takers should tour or rental arrangements need to change;
• to keep tour or rental takers and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of tour or rental offerings and other events we are holding;
• for general management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management;
• for recruitment purposes;
• for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our staff; and
• other purposes related to our business.
If you choose not to provide us with personal information, we may be unable to do such things.
We may collect, hold and use personal information about individuals to market our services, including by email. However, individuals always have the opportunity to elect not to receive further marketing information from us by emailing us here
Alternatively, if we have contacted you by email, you may use the unsubscribe function in that email to notify us that you do not want to receive further marketing information from us by email.
If we collect, hold or use personal information in ways other than as stated in this policy, we will ensure we do so pursuant to the requirements of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
3. Disclosure of personal information
Power to the Pedal does not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
• use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
• we believe it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested
• to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or a tour taker;
• some or all of the assets or operations of Power to the Pedal are or may be transferred to another party as part of a business sale.
• You give your consent; or such disclosure is otherwise required or permitted by law, regulation, rule or professional standard.
Power to the Pedal does not presently provide any personal information collected via its public website to other companies, firms or individuals without the permission of those who provided the information.
We may share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell to or trade personal information with third parties.
If Power to the Pedal staff obtain products or services offered by a third party pursuant to an agreement or arrangement between that third party and Power to the Pedal, such as a credit card provider, we may provide your personal information to that third party, including information that relates to your use of such services.
4. Access to information
We may keep a record of your personal information, correspondence or comments in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
5. Corrections and concerns
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will try to resolve those concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
6. Opting-out of targeted ads
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads (sometimes called “interest-based ads”) you receive and how we use your data. Opting-out of this type of advertising through the below methods will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they will not be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads (including retargeted ads) served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve (where those ads are provided by Adroll) and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”, thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again.
- Cross Device Opt- Out: In some cases we (or our ad-providers) may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we (or our ad-providers) have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we (or our ad-providers) will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we (or our ad-providers) only link users across browsers and devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we (or our ad-providers) have not linked, and where we (or our ad-providers) are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications we suggest you follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
- Industry op-out tools: You may also consider using the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing personalized ads from our ad-providers who are NAI approved member companies and from other NAI approved member companies.
The Power to the Pedal website uses ‘cookies’. Most big websites do this too. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive to allow Power to the Pedal and/or the host of its website to record how many times a user or computers within a user’s network of computers visit the website, the number of times various pages of the website have been accessed and other such information.
Due to the rapidly evolving technologies on the internet, Power to the Pedal may occasionally update this privacy and cookies policy. All revisions will be posted to the Power to the Pedal website and may apply to previously collected information. Nothing in this policy prevents Power to the Pedal from passing on information gathered on this site to any successor organisations should the business be sold.